Sunday, December 8, 2013

Chapter 21

Chapter 21

 The reason why the United States have a less developed railroad than that of Europe and Japan is because of the automobile innovation.  The automobile was built for the consumer and capitalism.  Railroads and automobiles were used to bring outside areas int mainstream America.  The reason why automobiles are more far advanced in the United States is because it took faster than the railroad.  Automobiles were eventually affordable to middle class Americans.    

One can assume that there are more a lot of people in Japan and Europe and not as much roadways as the United States and  with that being said transportation is limited. Not everyone in other countries can afford cars like how we can in the United States.  So in other countries like Europe and Japan people rely on the public transportation system of trains. 

I'd like to think I'm an optimist.  I think of it as if one person today educates themselves and helps educate another person and so on and so forth then that's progress. Slow progress but progress nonetheless and that will eventually help our ecosystem.  There are a ton of people making their own self sustaining gardens and houses and it's just a matter of time before others catch on.  I speak for myself when I say that I was naive and uneducated about these certain things that would help better our ecosystem that is so easy. I did have to take upon myself to become educated in things like hydroponics, and still learning about that, and going green and trying to build a self sustaining garden.  With that information and knowledge I'm trying to in turn teach my children about these things that will hopefully carry over from one generation to the next. And then hopefully my children can teach their friends who might teach their parents.  It's a never ending learning cycle, it just has to start from someone. So yes, I am an optimist and we can correct our bad habits and make good long lasting forever changes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment